LIBRARY SERVICES (Sample for Librarians)
Circulation Section: Circulation Desk/Counter provides lending service. Circulation Section especially the circulation desk is the center of activities in the library. Mostly readers have to deal with this section. Many functions such as registration of members, renewal, and withdraw of membership/ clearances, issue/receive of books, charging of overdue books, reservation of books, book loss / damage cases, maintenance of records and statistics, etc. are performed here.
Other Sections : Circulation Section is works in front of the screen whereas all other library sections such as acquisition, technical section (classification& cataloguing) and library automation/ computer section are basically works behind screen. Result of all work done behind the scene is reflected at circulation section and management/organization of library.
Open Access : Books, journals and other reading material are kept open on shelves so the readers have thus direct access to our academic sources.
Assistance in the Use of Library: The library staff helps students/faculty in locating / searching of library material. Users are also guided for searching through library catalogue or OPAC.”
Newspapers: Library is subscribing 9 daily national newspapers
Digital Library: Digital Library provides users facility to access internet and access to HEC National Digital Library. Thousands of journals are available online and many soft books can be downloaded. Twelve computer systems are placed for this purpose.
Soft Books: More than 5000 Soft books are available for students/faculty on relevant subjects. These are available on computer systems in IRC as well as on LAN.
New Arrivals: New Arrivals list is available on website.
LIBRARY RULES (Sample for Librarians)
- Members desirous of using the library must get themselves registered by applying for Library membership on a form obtainable from the library. (also available online)
- All WEC faculty/staff and students are entitled to become member and can borrow books from the library.
- A card known as the "Library Card" will be issued to each of the person permitted to draw books from the library. Such cards shall be strictly "non-transferable", and shall have to be presented at the circulation counter at the time of drawing or returning books, etc. This card shall be surrendered at the time of obtaining clearance certificate on leaving the College.
- The library card will be valid up-to the date mentioned on it. A member should get the card renewed before it expires, if he so desires.
- In case of loss of Library Card, one must immediately inform the Library Staff and a fine of Rs. 50/- will be charged for new Library Card.
- Members have privilege to draw book(s) from the library to the extent and for the period shown against each subject to the conditions and restrictions herein laid down:
Senior Faculty 03 04 weeks Faculty 02 04 weeks
Staff 02 07 days Students 02 14 days
- Books borrowed once may be issued again, provided they are not required by other members. Books will not be reissued more than twice. Books will have to be presented for re-issue. The Librarian may, on an application relax the conditions in genuine cases.
- Library material borrowed by any member is subject to recall if needed by library.
- Members are responsible to return the books within the specified time.
- If books and other material borrowed from the library are not returned after the due date, two notices shall be issued, in case the books are not returned even after the second notice, cost of the book will be charged as fine also fine will be charged of late return.
- For Students, A fine of Rs. 05/- per day will be charged for each book returned after due date.
- Any member sub-lending reading material from the library on his library card to any other person shall do so on his own responsibility.
- Members are required to check book(s) etc. at the time of issue. They must draw the attention of the library staff at circulation desk to the defect/damage, if any, in the issuing material. In case it is not pointed out at the time of issue the member will be responsible for the damage, detected subsequently.
- Marking library book(s)/material(s) either with pencil, pen or highlighter is prohibited. Defaulter shall be required to replace the damage material with the new one or to pay the prevailing price of the market. The price of rare book(s) shall be decided by the Librarian.
- If any book is damaged or mutilated during the period of loan or is lost by the borrower, he shall replace it or pay the cost as assessed by the Librarian under the guide lines mentioned below.
- In case of loss of books and journals, the payment will be charged at double of the cost (assuming current conversion rate) of the items.
- In case of donated material, thesis, reports, etc., the Librarian will assess the cost/value of the material.
- However, preference will be given to replace the material.
- Books will not be issued for the August\September vacations, except with special permission, and these must be returned as soon as the vacation is over.
- The library reading halls shall remain open during vacation, however, the borrowing privileges will remain suspended during this period.
RULE OF NON-ISSUABLE MATERIALS
- Books and other reading materials of the following description shall not be issued, but can be consulted in the library (except in special case e.g. classroom use of a teacher for a short period/photocopying purpose) only :
b. Theses, Reports, Newspapers, Pamphlets, syllabi, act etc.
c. Videocassettes, CDs, and other allied material.
d. All unprocessed books/material.
e. Current and bound periodicals/ Journals
f. Multi volumes books.
g. Books & other materials permanently or temporarily marked RESERVED
h. Any other material assigned by the Librarian.
GENERAL CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- During physical verification (stock taking) the borrowing privileges will remain suspended during this period and all members must return all books etc. to the Library two weeks prior to the physical verification (stock taking).
- Members entering the library shall not bring in personal books, brief cases, large size file covers, and overcoats, etc. these may be kept in the shelf near the library door.
- The library will not be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings of the users.
- All books and personal belongings must be shown to the staff at the library exit, whenever required.
- Eating, sleeping, smoking and conversation within the library premises shall be prohibited.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
- Use of mobile in the library is prohibited. Keep your mobile on silent mode.
- Loud discussions/group study or making library a meeting place is prohibited.
- Furniture rearranged; must be returned to its original order.
- For guidance regarding access to a material, please contact library staff.
- Inappropriate behaviour, which includes rowdiness, noise, prolonged conversation, abusive behaviour; is prohibited.
- The Librarian is authorized to withdraw library facility from any member found misusing the library material or facilities.
- The library staff has right to request a user/reader to leave the premises if he/she is found to be violating any of rules.
TIMINGS Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m Note: Library will be closed during Friday Prayer